Kevin Mitchell has set his sights on finally winning a world title this year and insists Daniel Estrada will not stand in his way.

The Dagenham lightweight will battle the Mexican in a final eliminator for the WBC title on a bumper bill at the O2 Arena in London on Saturday January 31, live on Sky Sports.

Mitchell was denied a shot at the IBF belt last year after he breached weight regulations on the morning of his stunning stoppage win over Ghislain Maduma last May.

It was not the only setback in the east Londoner's career, with former WBO champion Ricky Burns halting his only world title bid in the fourth round in 2010.

But the 31-year-old has impressed since returning to trainer Tony Sims and is determined to secure a crack at WBC king Jorge Linares.

“The WBC route is one that I feel I can go down better than any of the others,” said Mitchell. “I know that I can beat Linares. I believe I would knock him out and take that title. (Promoter) Eddie Hearn puts the fighters in front of me and I take them out, that's the deal.

“Estrada is a Mexican fighter so he's going to be game and as tough as they come. He's a good fighter, he's quite upright, his hands are wide and he's a good boxer that doesn't get involved in a scrap unless he has to.

“He caused Omar Figueroa problems until he got chinned, and that will be in the back of his mind as it's his first fight back. It's a massive fight for us both. It's a fight I simply have to win.”

Domestic rival Anthony Crolla was due to face WBA champion Richar Abril this month, but the fight had to be cancelled when he suffered a fractured skull in an altercation with burglars.

The Abril bout could be rescheduled later in the year after Crolla recovers and Mitchell hopes to meet the Mancunian in the future, with two world titles on the line.

“If Anthony can get back to full health and get that world title shot at Richar Abril again and win the belt, a unification between us would be a massive fight,” he said.

“That would sell out an arena in London or Manchester no problem. We have both got plenty of work to do to make it happen, but what an exciting prospect and it'd be a great spectacle.”

Mitchell’s clash with Estrada is part of a big-name card in the capital as heavyweight Anthony Joshua will take on former world title challenger Kevin Johnson.

Joshua has won all of his 10 fights by knockout, but faces a sterner test against Johnson, who took former WBC champion Vitali Klitschko the distance during a points defeat.

John Ryder can move further up the middleweight rankings if he wins his encounter with the experienced Australian Les Sherrington.

A light-welterweight double-header is also included on the bill, with Tommy Martin battling Ricky Boylan, while John Wayne Hibbert is pitted against Tyler Goodjohn in another exciting domestic bout.