Kevin Durant isn't going to hang up his basketball shoes anytime soon, but he is already making serious plans for when his playing days are finished.

Durant told reporters Thursday he dreams of being an NBA general manager, or even team owner. To that end, he says he's been avidly following basketball news the past few days about trade rumors and the NBA trade deadline.

“Want to be a GM, want to own a team, hopefully own a team and run it,” Durant said, via the . “So I look to see what rumors are getting out there, what deals are being presented to these teams. Try to figure that stuff out. It’s fun, especially for a guy who knows that part of the business.”

Durant says he's trying to immerse himself more in the business side of the NBA, including studying the collective bargaining agreement.

“I do (read it),” Durant said. “Obviously it affects me and affects my peers. Like I said, I want to learn more and more about the business of basketball. I try to keep that fine line of keeping it pure and fun and also knowing that this is a really big business. So I like to go through the CBA, also ask questions.”

Durant has plenty of time to get the answers, as he isn't retiring anytime soon. The 28-year-old forward is scoring 25.8 points per game in his first season with the Warriors.