Kevin Durant only spent one year at the University of Texas, but that isn't keeping him from giving back to the Longhorns.

The 2007 National Player of the Year is donating $3 million to the university.

"My time as a Longhorn helped build the foundation for who I am today as a player and a person, and the UT team will always be my family," Durant said, via the university's website . "It's important to me to continue to give back to The University and ensure that future student-athletes have all the opportunities they need to succeed. It's an honor to have such a close and unique relationship with Texas Basketball, and I'm grateful to be able to contribute."

Durant will donate $2.5 million to the basketball program and $500,000 to UT's Center for Sports Leadership and Innovation (CSLi), which works to cultivate the character development, leadership skills and long-term welfare of athletes and coaches.

"Kevin Durant is one of the greatest basketball players in the world, and he is also a Longhorn," UT Austin President Gregory L. Fenves said. "As an NBA All-Star, as a gold medalist, as an NBA MVP and now, as an NBA Champion, KD has always had a powerful connection to The University of Texas. I am grateful for his generosity and investment in the future of UT's student-athletes."

UT will name the main entrance to Denton A. Cooley Pavilion "The Kevin Durant Texas Basketball Center." The men's basketball facilities will also be branded "The Kevin Durant Basketball Facility for Men.