Kentavious Caldwell-Pope will miss three upcoming Lakers road games as he complies with a court order stemming from an incident in Michigan in March.

While still a member of the Pistons, Caldwell-Pope was charged with operating a vehicle under the influence in suburban Detroit in the early morning hours of March 29. He later pleaded guilty to a lesser misdemeanor charge of allowing a person to drive under the influence.

Under terms of the plea agreement, Caldwell-Pope entered a 25-day program this week that requires him to remain in the state of California during that time. As a result, he missed Thursday's game in Cleveland.

According to the Los Angeles Times, Caldwell-Pope will also miss upcoming road games in Houston Dec. 20 and Dec. 31 and in Minneapolis Jan. 1. During that time he will be able to play in a road game in Oakland against the Warriors Dec. 22.

"With the court situation, we came up with the agreement that I still get to carry on with my season but only in the state of California for the 25-day restriction that I have," Caldwell-Pope said (via the Times). "I was blessed that I am able to continue to play ball."

Lakers coach Luke Walton told reporters he was not aware until last week the guard would miss any playing time. He refused further comment.

"This is a legal matter, stemming from an incident that occurred last season while Kentavious was a member of another NBA team," the Lakers said in a statement issued Saturday. "The Los Angeles Lakers are abiding by the terms of a program for Kentavious that were established for him by a court in the state of Michigan. As such, we will have no further comment at this time."

Caldwell-Pope, the eighth overall pick in the 2013 NBA Draft, spent the first four seasons of his career with the Pistons before signing a one-year, $18 million deal with the Lakers in the offseason. The 6-5 guard is averaging 14.2 points and 4.9 rebounds per game