ANAHEIM, Calif. -- Ken Roczen won the season-opening Monster Energy Supercross race at Angel Stadium for the second straight year, easily holding off Jason Anderson on Saturday night.

Roczen, the Suzuki rider from Germany, led all 20 laps en route to his third career 450SX victory and gave RCH Racing -- owned by Ricky Carmichael and Carey Hart -- its first team win.

"Everything has been awesome with the team and it's good to get first win out of the way, both for myself and for them," Roczen said. "There are a lot of good guys out there so I'll need to stay consistent. It's good to come out of here healthy and we'll just keep the ball rolling."

Anderson was making his debut with Husqvarna. Honda's Trey Canard was third, followed by KTM riders Ryan Dungey and Andrew Short.

Ryan Villopoto, the season champion the last four years, has left the series to race internationally in the FIM Motocross World Championship.

Two-time season champion James Stewart is out after being suspended 16 months for a positive test for an amphetamine at a race in Seattle in April 12.

Stewart's team has said the positive test came from his prescribed Adderall and that the rider is appealing the decision.

KTM's Jessy Nelson raced to his first Western Regional 250SK victory.

"This is a great way to start season and hopefully there's more to come," Nelson said. "It was a great night and I can't complain. I think the team's switch to KTM has been huge and I think it's a big part of this. This is just a big shock."

Husqvarna's Zach Osborne was second, followed by Kawasaki's Tyler Bowers and KTM's Justin Hill.