Ghana defender Gideon Baah has returned to Europe after signing a four-month deal with Kazakhstan giants Kairat FC from Major League Soccer side New York Red Bulls as a free agent.

The former Asante Kotoko left-back, who was linked with Spanish heavyweights Barcelona in 2016, suffered an anterior cruciate ligament injury to his left leg last year. Due to the injury his contract with Bulls was not renewed when it expired last November.

However, Baah, who had trials at Chelsea in the past, believes he will hit top form again with the opportunity offered him in Kazakhstan.

“I think it’s a very good opportunity for me as a person and as a player,” Baah told Kairat TV.

“I hope to make the most out of it especially in a big club like FC Kairat and hopefully they will get the best out of me as I give them everything I have,” he said.

“FC Kairat is one of the best teams in the world with very good facilities and it’s a stepping stone in my career, and hope to use this opportunity wisely because to develop as a player you need some opportunities like these,” he added.

Baah has been handed jersey number 48 and is expected to make his bow when Kairat play Akzhayi on Saturday.