AUSSIE Jonah Bolden was pleased with his pre-season debut for Philadelphia but he has challenged himself to improve his overall game to secure his NBA future.

Bolden came on in the fourth quarter and hit a three on his first touch while he finished with six points and one rebound in 12 minutes on the court.

The Sydney-raised forward thoroughly enjoyed his maiden appearance in a Sixers singlet but is far from satisfied.

Bolden has vowed to use Philadelphia’s remaining pre-season matches to hone his developing game.

“It’s my consistency in all aspects, not just shooting,” Bolden said.

“I’ve put a lot of emphasis on my free-throws, so for me coming out one from four, I wouldn’t say is a letdown but definitely a slap in the face.

“But tomorrow is another day and I’ll have to put more shots up if need be.

“I’d rather go two and three rather than one and three from the three point line.

“But it is what it is – it is early.

“But I think my consistency in my shot and my consistency overall in play from game to game.

“It is knowing that my teammates can rely on me to bring that energy and stretch the floor type mentality and then translate it to the defence.”

Bolden sat on the bench in the opening three quarters as Simmons and Embiid put on a show against Melbourne.

It’s never easy biding your time, but the former Homebush Boys product said he was calm and collected.

“I wasn’t really nervous,” he said.

“I was just more itching to get in you know.

“Any player sitting on the bench wants to play.

“It was just knowing that at any point I was called, you just have to be ready.

“Whether it was this game or any game, you have to take your opportunity.

Once on the court, Bolden had the confidence to land a corner three.

He credits his long hours in training camp for his classy first touch.

“I’ve been doing a lot of shooting with the coaches,” he said.

“They had faith in me and they just told me to shoot it and then I guess once you’ve done the work the game time is where you put it to the test.

“So that is what I did. I got my first shot and I shot it.”

Bolden also praised Melbourne for their brave performance despite the lopsided final score.

“They were good,” he said.

“Much better than I thought.

“They came out and played strong and competitive and at times they got it down to eight-point deficits and the coach had to call time-outs.

“But they are a really good side.

“I didn’t expect it to be a blow out but I liked how they kept competing and showed us respect.”