PADDLER Jessica Fox threw caution to the wind to keep intact her winning start to the World Cup season with victory number three in Krakow, Poland.

A week after blitzing the field in the K1 and C1 events in the season opener, Fox recovered from a terrible qualifying performance to claim another victory.

WINNER; Jess Fox draws first blood

Fox took the honours in the K1 of the Canoe Slalom World Cup ahead of French paddler Lucie Baudu and Italian Stefanie Horn.

The result is another boost for Fox’s campaign to win her first gold medal at the Tokyo Olympics in 2020.

“I didn’t have a great start in the qualifications. I was a bit messy and too cautious so to back it up and really attack it in the final, I’m so pleased and quite surprised to take the win again,” Fox said.

“The gates that were set today were quite hard, and some of them not really using the water, so it was really physical and you had to keep it together the whole way down.

“It’s such a difficult course, and quite hard on the arms. I didn’t go as fast as my semi-final, but I was clean and tidy, with no major mistakes and a sprint to the finish. I’m so thrilled to win again. I can’t believe it.”