WEST Coast stars Jeremy McGovern and Luke Shuey are expected to overcome injury issues to ensure the Eagles field an unchanged line-up in Saturday’s grand final against Collingwood at the MCG.

McGovern (hip) returned but sat out the final stages of yesterday’s preliminary final as a precaution, while Shuey (ankle) also received treatment as the Eagles destroyed Melbourne by 66 points to win through to their seventh grand final.

West Coast kicked 10 goals to none in a first-half rampage in front of a frenzied new record crowd of 59,608 at Optus Stadium.

Coach Adam Simpson expected both key players to take their place in the decider, as the Eagles look to make amends for their 2015 shocker against Hawthorn.

McGovern was crunched by Demons forward Christian Petracca in the first quarter.

“I think got a knee to the hip pointer or maybe lower abdomen. He didn’t play the last quarter and he’s probably the one guy we need to look after this week,” Simpson said.

“(Shuey) came back on, so I think it was your garden variety ankle sprain. So I dare say he’ll be OK.

“A couple of other guys needed some attention. But I don’t think we’re going to be needing to push anyone to the line. I think everyone will be OK.”

First-year pair Oscar Allen and Brayden Ainsworth are on standby should the Eagles encounter problems this week. They completed a running session on the ground after the game.

TABTouch last night installed Collingwood $1.70 favourites to win the flag, with West Coast outsiders at $2.20.

For the fifth consecutive year, a Victorian club will enjoy the luxury of a home grand final against a non-Victorian team despite finishing below them on the ladder. The Victorian side has won the premiership every time.

North Melbourne official Heath O’Loughlin last night tweeted that it was “fundamentally wrong” for the Eagles to have to travel for the grand final when they had finished higher.

The AFL last night confirmed West Coast would wear their full blue home strip as the higher-placed team. The Pies will wear their predominantly black home guernsey with white shorts.

The Eagles have beaten Collingwood twice this season, at the MCG in round 17 and in the qualifying final in Perth a fortnight ago.

Simpson was impressed by the Magpies’ demolition of Richmond on Friday night.

“I thought Collingwood’s intensity at the start of the game was elite. (Mason) Cox was amazing, so we’ve got some work to do to get over the line this week. But you’ve got to be in it to win it,” he said.

“We played them a few weeks ago and we saw what they brought. It took till the last five minutes for the game to actually be broken open.

“We know what they’re going to bring, they know what we’re going to bring. So hopefully we can play at our best and see how we go.”

Simpson said the Eagles were better prepared than three years ago.

“Last time was a little bit of ‘what’s going on here? This is our second year together and how did this happen?’ Whereas this year I feel like we’re a little bit more settled,” he said.

“We are different than 2015. It’s a different style of play, it’s a different maturity amongst our players. Does that mean anything with the build-up? I don’t know.”