St George Illawarra star Jack de Belin has entered a not guilty plea in Wollongong Local Court as details surrounding the alleged rape of a 19-year-old woman on December 9 were revealed.

The incumbent NSW Origin lock also asked the court to alter his bail conditions, with his lawyer saying his rugby league commitments make it difficult for him to report three times a week.

According to Illawarra Mercury court reporter Shannon Tonkin, police were resisting the change of conditions, but the magistrate granted the application saying de Belin was “too high profile” to be considered a flight risk.

His co-accused, friend Callan Sinclair (21), also pleaded not guilty through his lawyer Graeme Morrison — he was supported by his parents.

It is alleged that de Belin, Sinclair and a 19-year-old woman were in a group that had attended Wollongong nightspot Mr Crown.

According to a police statement tendered in court on Tuesday, the trio decided to move onto Fever Nightclub, but de Belin and Sinclair said they needed to charge their phones first so they caught a pedal cab to a private residence owned by de Belin’s cousin.

When they arrived, the woman told police she used the bathroom before de Belin walked in naked.

The woman left the bathroom while de Belin showered, before the Dragons star allegedly emerged, still naked, and ripped her shirt off and pushed her on the bed.

De Belin and Sinclair are alleged to have told the woman to “show us your tits”.

According to police, de Belin ripped the woman’s shorts and underwear off before putting his right hand around her throat and his forearm across her upper body.

The woman claims de Belin began raping her, while Sinclair watched on before removing his clothes and de Belin telling him to “come have a go”.

It’s alleged Sinclair then also engaged in the rape of the woman before going to have a shower.

Police said there was a vast difference in size between the victim, who is a size six and 51kg, and de Belin who is 188cm and 106kg.

After the alleged assault, the woman says she told a friend and went to hospital for treatment.

The victim was seen to have injuries to her legs, neck, lower abdomen and shoulder.

De Belin voluntarily fronted Wollongong Police Station about 3.40pm on December 13, and was charged with one count of aggravated sexual assault in company.

The matter has been adjourned until April 17.