SHE’S a standout in any team she’s in, but it is Isabelle Kelly’s efforts for Australia that have earned her the first ever women’s Golden Boot.

Kelly wasn’t even aware the Rugby League International Federation (RLIF) had decided to add a women’s gong to the men’s one that’s been awarded since 1984.

She only found out she was nominated when a friend text her while she was on holiday in Bali to say congratulations and she had to look up what it was for.

Being the first female winner made it extra special, but she’s glad there’s one more goal for female players to try to achieve now.

“I’m only 22 and it’s a bit weird to hear that I’m the first ever Golden Boot winner,” Kelly said.

“It’s really exciting and I think it’s such a good thing for years to come for young girls to aspire to be in the Jillaroos jersey or the Kiwi jersey or the England jersey.

“Strive to try to get this award because it’s going be around for a long time now with the women’s game growing so rapidly. I think it’s a really great thing to now have for the women.”

Kelly was up against a tough field including teammates Ali Brigginshaw and Brittany Breayley along with New Zealand’s Honey Hireme and England’s Georgia Roche.

But her on-field performances spoke for themselves over the past year.

She crossed for the match-winner in last month’s trans-Tasman Test and scored twice in last year’s World Cup final.

Now she has the top international player prize to put alongside her state one, after she claimed players of the match in this year’s State of Origin.

Her celebrations will be short-lived though.

Kelly recently returned from off-season holidays in the Top End (where she became engaged to partner Jake Callister) and Bali and is back to work as an NRL development officer and into training for season 2019.

“I’m blessed to be in that opportunity and still get to do footy in the off-season and help younger people in coaching clinics,” Kelly said.

“I’m back training. You have your little break but then you need to get back into it to continue to be a great player and continue to push your spot in the future.”

The men’s award went to England’s Tommy Makinson.