Bobsleist Maxim Andrianov noted that Bach had not yet observed violations of the rules of conduct by Russian athletes at the Games in Pyeongchang

PKHYNCHKHAN / South Korea /, February 15. / TASS /. The conversation between the president of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) Thomas Bach and Russian athletes, which took place on Wednesday in the mountainous Olympic Village, turned out to be frank. This was stated at a press conference by the Director of Communications of the IOC, Mark Adams.

The meeting with the head of the IOC was attended by Russian athletes, who on that day were free from training and competition. Bobsleist Maxim Andrianov noted that Bach has not yet observed violations of the rules of conduct by Russian athletes at the Games in Pyeongchang.

"This is the second meeting of Thomas Bach with the Russians, before the Games, a meeting was held at the level of the chefs of the delegations." It was noted that compliance with the rules is monitored by a special group, and if there are problematic issues, grievances that concern members of the team , the information reaches the executive committee of the IOC, "Adams said.

"I should note that the decision to restore OCD will be taken by voting of the executive committee, it will not be taken by the president alone," he said.

However, Adams could not assess the comments of Russian athletes who previously said that at the meeting, Bach explained why the Olympics did not allow a number of leading athletes of the country. "I was not at the meeting, so I can not tell you what exactly was said," he said.

Russian athletes in connection with the disqualification of the National Olympic Committee appear at the Games under the Olympic flag in the status of Olympic athletes of their Russia. There is a possibility that on the last day of the Games in Pyeongchang, the IOC will restore the ROC, which will allow Russian athletes to pass at the closing ceremony of the Games under the national flag.

Link: http://tass.ru/sport/4959324