Four-time Formula One world champion Sebastian Vettel of the Red Bull has his sights set on fifth consecutive title this season that kicks off with the Australia Grand Prix on Sunday. Vettel, who has dominated F1 circuits around the world for four years, said he will do his best to give Red Bull the fifth title this year.

The German, who won the championship last year with three races to go, has picked No. 5 to be flashed on his Red Bull. This year, the defending champion will be accompanied by Daniel Ricciardo, who replaced the former Red Bull driver Mark Webber.

In an interview with IBNLive Sports, Vettel discussed his plans and preparations ahead of the season opening Australian GP.

How is your preparation ahead of the season-opening race in Melbourne?

You always try to prepare as much as you can. This year, with all the new challenges, it's difficult to prepare for the unknown, but you try to understand as much as possible before you start. We will try our best to give a good start the season. And also, we'll find out more after the first couple of races.

The 2014 season will see news rules. Do you support it and will it affect the teams' performance?

I think it's obviously a big change for all the team, including ours. The last couple of years we knew sort of what to expect, which is very different this year; therefore, it's difficult to have any sort of expectations. The most important thing once we get going is to understand the car. The expectations are fairly low, but once you realise you have a good car, you want to make sure you race in the same area that you did in the last years.

Do you think new rules will be a challenge for the drivers?

Because of the big changes, the drivers will have to adapt their driving style. You will have to look after the car and the fuel situation. So it might be a little bit different in the races compared to what we are used to. I think everyone will get used to it, but it will take some time to adapt.

How new rules will affect the races?

As always, the bigger the changes the more time for everyone - drivers, engineers, people in the factory - to adapt, so we will probably see more retirements than we are used to. We understood the cars more in the past and now everything is new, so I think mistakes will happen for everyone. There will be things happening I am sure; it's normal after such a change.

Only Michael Schumacher has won five titles in a row, and you are a step away form it. Do you believe it's possible to match that achievement?

I think generally everything is possible. We have been on a credible run winning the last four titles consecutively. We will try to do it again to make it five. We've had a good run but now it's a blank sheet of paper, so we will have to wait and see.

After Mark Webber's retirement, Daniel Ricciardo will be driving alongside you

I and Daniel are both Red Bull athletes and were part of the junior programme. I'm looking forward to race against Dan in the same team. Obviously we have a little bit of a similar background with both of us coming from the Red Bull family early on in our career. It's nice for him to get the chance. I'm sure he will try his best to give me a hard time.

Daniel is a new driver. Will having a new team-mate have any affect on you this season?

It doesn't change that much - it's a different name and a different guy. Surely the first year might be difficult for him and the team just to get to know each other. I'm sure he will adapt quickly and the team will help him.

Why did you pick No. 5 for your Red Bull this year?

I picked number 5 very simply as the first time I won the Championship I had number five on the car. Five has been very successful in F1; Nigel won the Championship and Michael won the Championship with 5 and I have good memories of it on my go-kart.