somdev-davis-300.jpg
Having overcome a shoulder injury, India's top singles tennis player Somdev Devvarman on Monday said he was working hard to remain strong and break into top 60 in the near future.

"I have had a good 2013. Coming back from 600 to inside the top 100. So, now, I feel like there is a good chance for me to build and get back inside the top 75 and top 60 hopefully," Somdev, whose career best ranking has been 62, told PTI here.

Somdev, along with other top players like Rohan Bopanna, is currently training at the Sania Mirza Tennis Academy on the outskirts of the city.

One of his greatest achievements so far has been on the ATP World tour when he reached the finals of the Chennai Open in 2009.

Asked when a similar performance could be expected from him again, Somdev said, "Hopefully, this year (this season). You never know. All I can do, or for that matter any player can, is really work hard, try his best. Sometimes results come and sometimes they don't come. So, I think all you have to do is work hard and try to improve, put in a good effort and then let whatever happens, happen."

On expectations people have from him in future tournaments, including Grand Slams, Somdev said he was focused on putting his best foot forward.