FORGET Billy Slater, Cameron Smith, James Tedesco or Latrell Mitchell, the eighth Immortal Andrew Johns reckons the Grand Final game-breaker is none other than the Storm’s superstar five-eighth Cameron Munster.

“(Munster) just wants the ball in big occasions... Last year he debuted in Game Three for Queensland and he got man of the match, he was the best player on the field,” he said on Channel 9.

“It seems to me the bigger the occasion the better he goes, he just doesn’t care.

“Whether he’s playing down at the park in front of 10 people or on Grand Final night at ANZ in front of 90 (thousand) he doesn’t care. He just wants the ball in his hands.”

Parramatta great Peter Sterling agrees.

“I think that field goal he kicked a couple of weeks ago to win the game kind of summed him up,” Sterling said.

“He wasn’t in great position, it wasn’t a great kick, but as you said he wanted the ball and he nailed it.”

Immortal-in-waiting Johnathan Thurston says it’s crucial that Munster shares the bulk of the playmaking duties alongside skipper Smith.

“He’s just a larrikin, just loves footy, loves training, loves being around the boys. He’s going to be vital to their performance,” the champion halfback said.

“That big palm that he’s got, the left foot step. He needs to make sure he’s controlling that combination he’s got with Brodie Croft.

“Brodie can be a little erratic at times with his kicking game, coming up with the wrong options, so having both Cameron’s will certainly help him with that.”

Brad Fittler, who had to coach against Munster in this year’s State of Origin series, can see him wreaking havoc if Cooper Cronk is replaced by Ryan Matterson.

“If Matterson plays he’ll be on that side as well. So I remember when Matterson played there last time, they were sending an inside decoy runner to hold Matterson a little bit and then when they let the ball fly, they really tested the outside defence of the Roosters,” he said.

“Look out for that play, where they suck Matterson in a little and just have Munster and Billy coming around the outside.”