The Argentine attacker faces an uncertain future and could even return to Italy next season
Mauro Icardi's agent and wife Wanda Nara does not know if the Paris Saint-Germain loanee will remain in the French capital or return to parent club Inter amid links to Juventus.

Icardi is on loan at Ligue 1 champions PSG, who have the option to make the deal permanent for a fee in the region of €70 million ($75m) at the end of the season.

The Argentina international was unwanted by Antonio Conte's Inter heading into the 2019-20 campaign and his move to PSG has yielded 19 goals in all competitions.

Editors' Picks
Penis-biting player banned for five years over 'act of brutality' on opponent
'Beautiful to behold' - Atalanta the best pound-for-pound team in the Champions League
Why Liverpool, Chelsea and Man Utd want RB Leipzig star Werner
Liverpool left needing another Anfield fightback after being beaten and bloodied in Atletico bearpit
Icardi, who has only scored twice in his past 12 appearances, has previously spoken of his willingness to stay at PSG but Nara said she is unsure what the future holds.

"Will Mauro go to Juventus? I really don't know," Nara told Chi magazine.

"I don't know if next season we will return to Milan or Paris. In football you never know.

"He will choose and we will follow him. It's difficult for you to argue because I know Mauro very well and I know exactly what he wants as a footballer and what makes him feel good as a man.

"I will follow him in his choices as wife and as his agent for extra security."

Icardi was an unused substitute as PSG lost 2-1 to Borussia Dortmund in the opening leg of their Champions League last-16 tie on Tuesday. Ligue 1 leaders PSG and Icardi host 10th-placed Bordeaux in Paris on Sunday.

Nara has previously ruled out the prospect of her husband joining Juventus but it appears that stance has now softened.

"No, no. The present of Mauro is in Paris, he is very well there and is realising some crazy goals as he always did," she told Rete 4 in December 2019 when asked if Icardi could join Juventus.

"The only thing that interests me is his happiness and he is very happy at PSG."

Article continues below
Speaking in January, Icardi himself said he'd be content to remain in Paris.

“I feel well in Paris, for the moment we still haven't spoken with the club," he told reporters last month.

“There are still four months until the end of the season. When the season ends in May, we'll sit down and talk. If I have the chance to stay I would be happy.”