Wayne Bennett has begun his tenure as Rabbitohs’ coach, after conducting his first training session since arriving in Sydney.

After flying into Sydney on Monday night, Bennett took charge of his first session at Redfern, hours before his first official press conference.

Bennett will address the media at 12:30pm for the first time since arriving in Sydney, after dodging reporters at the airport on Monday.

Bennett has signed a three-year deal with the Rabbitohs that will take him through until at least the end of the 2021 season.

Before flying out of Brisbane, Bennett was asked by Channel 9 whether he was unhappy with how the situation played out.

“No, I’m not sad,” he said.

“I knew what the ending would be.”

Whether he’d been unfairly portrayed throughout the whole situation, Bennett said he’d leave that “for another day”.

“Right now, I’m on my way to Sydney, I’m going to a new club and I’m pretty excited about all that,” he added.

Former Rabbitohs’ coach Anthony Seibold took charge of his first training session at the Broncos on Monday, before addressing the media and Bennett will follow suit on Tuesday after his first training session.

Bennett is expected to address his sacking from the Broncos and the coaching saga that engulfed both clubs in recent months.