Three-time I-League Golden Boot winner Odafa Okolie is all set to join newcomers Gokulam Kerala FC in the January transfer window.
The Nigerian was last seen in action during the 2016/17 Second Division I-League with Kolkata-based Southern Samity where he failed to take his team to the final round despite scoring a goal a game.

Okolie won the I-League with Churchill Brothers in 2008/09 and won the top scorer's award for three consecutive seasons starting 2007/08. Fondly known as 'King Cobra', Okolie has 281 goals from 358 games in his professional career, also having represented the likes of Mohun Bagan and Sporting Clube de Goa in India.

The 32-year-old will be a welcome signing for the Bino George-coached side who languish a spot above bottom-placed Churchill Brothers with only one win to their name in six outings. Key foreigners Leo Mbele and Khaled Alsaleh have been already released by the side citing long-term injuries.

Having already arrived in the city while his new club lost their New Year's Eve game against title-holders Aizawl FC 2-0, the team management is yet to put Odafa under the paces, having not played professional football for more than five months. It remains to be seen of the Nigerian is fit enough to play in their next home game against Minerva Punjab FC on Saturday