Formula One ace Max Verstappen has completed the public service punishment imposed on him after last year’s Brazilian Grand Prix by attending a gathering of international race stewards.

The International Automobile Federation said on Sunday the 21-year-old Dutchman had taken part in interactive case study sessions with race officials in Geneva over the weekend.

“We are doing our job on the track, trying to get the best out of the race, and it’s clear the stewards are doing their job to find the best way to reach a fair decision,” Verstappen was quoted as saying.

“It’s been a good lesson for me and I’ve learned a lot, both in my day in Marrakesh, which I really enjoyed and which gave me a good understanding of the stewards, and now here.” Verstappen, the youngest ever Formula One winner, was ordered to do two days of public service for an angry confrontation with Force India’s Esteban Ocon at Interlagos in November.

The Red Bull driver was leading the Brazilian Grand Prix when he tried to pass backmarker Ocon, who attempted to retake the position but made contact and sent the Dutchman into a spin that cost him victory.

He angrily confronted the Frenchman and shoved him, an action for which he was then punished.

Verstappen served the first of the two days by joining officials at an all- electric Formula E race in Morocco last month, observing how race decisions were made.

The Formula One season starts in Australia on March 17