Linden Hall and Zoe Buckman have booked spots on the Australian team for the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games with a one-two finish in the women's 1500m at the trials.

Hall clocked a winning four minutes 07.55 seconds on Saturday night at Carrara Stadium, with 2013 world championships finalist Buckman close by in 4:08.15.

"I was definitely running very scared in that last 100 metres - I was just saying 'please, please no one come'," said Hall.

"It's my first national title which means so much as well.

"Every time I line up at a race and they go through people's credentials no one has been able to say national title yet so finally I can add that to my list.

"It's tough racing in Australia, it's more pride on the line."

Hall could double up at the April 4-15 Games, with selectors having the option to also name her in the 5000m.

"If they want to pick me, I'm ready to do it," she said.

Anneliese Rubie mowed down youngster Bendere Oboya in the shadow of the finish line to win a thrilling 400m in 51.92.

Oboya, 17, was only two hundredths of a second adrift in second spot, with both guaranteeing their spots in the Games squad.

High jumper Brandon Starc is also a certain starter after claiming the national title with a leap of 2.28m.

Para-athlete Isis Holt stripped six hundredths of a second off her own world record in the T35 100, stopping the clock at 13.37.