Incoming Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola will "not be allowed" to sign anybody fromBayern Munich this summer.

A number of Guardiola's most important players at Bayern have been linked with transfers to the Etihad Stadium in recent months, including Thiago Alcantara, Manuel Neuer and David Alaba.

The Bundesliga leaders are thought to be close to agreeing a contract extension with Alaba, whose game has been revolutionised by Guardiola during their time together, and is now regarded as one of the most veratile players in world football.

The Austrian is one of a number of Bundesliga-based left-backs on City's long summer shopping list, alongside Wolfsburg's Ricardo Rodriguez and Schalke's Saed Kolasinac, but the chances of him moving to England now seem remote.
Bayern CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, who has previously been scathing of City's emergence on the European football scene, told Bild on Tuesday: "Pep Guadiola never approached David Alaba and he did not try to talk him into a transfer."

Guardiola was pictured meeting City director of football Txiki Begiristain in Amsterdam last week as he plans for life at his next club.

A summer move for Borussia Dortmund midfielder Ilkay Gundogan was one of the topics of discussion, with the Germany international's uncle and agent, Ilhan, also present at the Conservatorium hotel in the Dutch capital.

Bayern insist they have no problem with Guardiola mapping out his City blueprint while still under contract in Bavaria, although Franz Beckenbauer, the club's honorary chairman, does not expect that to stretch to signing any of their players.

"This is not allowed to happen," he told Bild. "If it was the case, that's not right. But I don't think Guardiola would do that."

He continued: "In my eyes it's difficult - for all involved, both for Bayern and for Pep. There is always new speculation.

"I understand he wants to think about Man City transfers in spring. If he drives to Amsterdam when he has a day off it's no problem, as long as he does not let slide his duties in Munich."