Before leaving Real Sociedad, the English and French sides had chased the 23-year-old but he says that working with the Argentine trumped north London and Paris

Atletico Madrid forward Antoine Griezmann says the chance to work with Diego Simeone helped him to decide to snub Arsenal and Paris Saint-Germain this summer.

After his form for Real Sociedad earned him a place in France's squad for World Cup 2014, the 23-year-old had attracted attention from several of Europe's top clubs, with Arsene Wenger's side making an approach for the him in April.

But Griezmann says that staying in Spain and joining the reigning champions of La Liga was too good to turn down.

"Why Spain and not elsewhere? This is my championship, my home. I'm happy here and Atletico is a great club. The [champions] were willing to pay €30 million for me," he told France Football.

"I had the boss on the phone. He motivated me and said the club really wanted me. I knew that I was coming here to learn.

"Was it weird when PSG and Arsenal were also interested? [Atletico are] still the champions of Spain!

"I needed a club like that and a coach like Diego Simeone to progress. I always demands intensity in training. That's my style and I like it."