Melbourne Renegades and Sydney Sixers have both made changes to their squads for tomorrow night's KFC BBL semi-final at Marvel Stadium.

The recall of internationals Mohammed Nabi (Renegades) and Tom Curran (Sixers) meant both sides were forced into altering their squad for sudden-death clash.

Nabi has been replaced by veteran Cameron White, who returns having missed the past two games with a hamstring injury.

The Sixers have called-up Ben Manenti and Justin Avendano to cover the loss of Curran, while leg-spinner Lloyd Pope has been omitted.

The two sides have met twice this season with the honours evenly shared.

On December 29 in Melbourne, the Sixers defended 7-132 by restricting the Renegades to 9-99 from 20 overs, with Manenti named player of the match for his 2-13 from four overs.

Two-and-a-half weeks later, the Renegades exacted their revenge with a comprehensive win at the SCG.

Having kept the Sixers to 9-115 thanks to 3-23 from BBL|08 leading wicket-taker Kane Richardson, the visitors chased down the total in 13 overs with seven wickets in the bank.

Former Australia fast bowler and Adelaide Strikers head coach Jason Gillespie says the loss of Curran, who this week signed a three-year deal with the Sixers, gives Friday's hosts the edge.

"I think the Renegades should win it and I say that because the Sixers have lost Tom Curran," Gillespie said on this week's episode of The Unplayable Podcast.

"I'm going home ground advantage there."

Melbourne Renegades: Aaron Finch (c), Cameron Boyce, Dan Christian, Tom Cooper, Harry Gurney, Sam Harper, Marcus Harris, Mackenzie Harvey, Jon Holland, Cameron White, Kane Richardson, Chris Tremain, Jack Wildermuth

Sydney Sixers: Sean Abbott, Justin Avendano, Ben Dwarshuis, Jack Edwards, Mickey Edwards, Moises Henriques (c), Dan Hughes, Nathan Lyon, Ben Manenti, Steve O'Keefe, Josh Philippe, Jordan Silk, James Vince