GIANT young Docker Sean Darcy has signed a two-year contract extension that will keep him at Fremantle until at least the end of 2022.

Likened to Game of Thrones behemoth Hodor last year, the slimmed-down 20-year-old is preparing to take the No.1 ruck mantle from star veteran Aaron Sandilands.

Darcy said key to his decision was his relationship with coach Ross Lyon and teammates.

“As a group, we have a great chemistry and we are all really close,” Darcy told the club’s website.

“It was an easy decision from my end and I am really excited for the future at Freo.

“I am close with a lot of the boys so I am loving it here.

“Ross has been unreal for me during the past two years and I’m enjoying developing with a young group.”

Darcy joins ex-GWS big man Rory Lobb and small forward Michael Walters under contract for the next four seasons at the club, exceeded by only Nat Fyfe’s monster deal (2023).

The young gun has averaged 33.7 hit outs per match in his first 15 AFL games, which is more than the likes of Aaron Sandilands, Brodie Grundy, Nic Naitanui and Max Gawn at the same point in their careers.

The club’s general manager of football Peter Bell said the extension “shows the confidence we have in him as a player while illustrating Sean’s confidence in the club and his desire to succeed at Fremantle.”

“It’s safe to say we’ve been spoiled by the contribution of Aaron Sandilands for almost two decades, and while we expect that to continue, having Sean sign on means we can head into the future with confidence,” Bell said.