Boom Fremantle teenager Adam Cerra insists he won’t look at a contract extension until the end of the season after a brilliant start to his AFL career in Perth.

Cerra’s first 12 games have been enough to convince some he could be one of the biggest talents in last year’s draft pool after he was taken with pick No.5, with Dockers fans keen to see the Victorian locked away for the long term.

But speaking as he and teammate Tommy Sheridan, as well as fellow 2017 draftees Sam Switkowski and Lloyd Meek conducted a clinic and a Q & A session with students at Mt Pleasant Primary School today, Cerra repeated what he told PerthNow last month about any talk of extending his initial two-year deal.

“At the moment I’m just focusing week-to-week,” Cerra said. “That stuff, I’ll sit down, at the end of the year once the games are done and talk about that. I’m loving my time in Perth, loving my time at Freo and really enjoying football so that’s something I’ll more look to the end of the year to deal with but at the moment I’m just looking to focus on footy. I made that commitment at the start of the year.”

Cerra will fly home to Melbourne this afternoon for a few days off as Fremantle have the bye.

The 18-year-old admitted he was sore and would enjoy the break and the chance to catch up with family and friends.

He said he wasn’t getting carried away with the hype around him.

“It’s hard to ignore, it’s always there in the back of your mind but you can’t read too much into that stuff,” Cerra said. “You more focus on what your coaches are your leaders are telling you at the club.

“I like to stay humble, not get too worked up about that stuff and just control what I can control.

“I reckon the Chris Judd reference is probably more because my shoulders are both strapped. He’s a great player and I’ve probably got a fair while to get to his level but it’s a nice thing to hear about yourself. But those accolades and coaches votes, that type of stuff, we don’t play for that stuff, as long as we’re winning, I’m happy. I don’t go into games with that stuff at the front of my mind.”

Cerra also conceded the Rising Star nominations had been mentioned, but said he and fellow top selection Andrew Brayshaw were far more worried about wins after both were unlucky to miss out on being acknowledged in the past fortnight.