Frank Gore continued to climb the ladder of the NFL's great running backs.

Gore's 16-yard run against the Chicago Bears moved the Indianapolis Colts running back past former Cleveland Browns great Jim Brown on the all-time rushing list, making him the ninth-most prolific rusher in NFL history.

Gore's first-quarter run gave him 30 yards in the game and 12,323 yards for his career.

Gore's 12-year career seemed unlikely after two ACL tears while at the University of Miami.

"It's crazy, huh?," Gore told reporters this week, via ESPN.com. "I've had a blessed career, especially with what I've been through in college. All the doubts because of the injuries. I've been on some good teams, played with some good players, played with a bunch of good guys who blocked for me. Right now I'm playing and I want to keep going.

"I truly wondered if football was really for me. Football was all I knew, but I also knew I didn't want to keep getting hurt and having my body go through the rehab over and over again. I told myself I was going to give it one more try."

The 33-year-old Gore spent 10 seasons with the San Francisco 49ers before joining the Colts last year. Despite slowing down — with no 100-yard rushing games since the 2014 regular-season finale — Gore has missed just 12 games during his career. Gore passes Brown's all-time mark, but in a much different era and on a much different timeline.

https://twitter.com/CSNMoonMullin/st...73347835445248

Gore had already passed Hall of Famers O.J. Simpson, John Riggins, Thurman Thomas, Franco Harris, Marcus Allen and Marshall Faulk on the all-time list. After moving past Brown, Gore can catch Hall of Famer Tony Dorsett (who retired with 12,739 yards rushing) later this season.