Force India are wary of a relatively warm weather in Sepang, which the Silverstone-based F1 team says can impact the result of Sunday's Malaysian Grand Prix.

Nico Hulkenberg says the second race of the season will be a good test for all the teams.

"Malaysia is going to be a tough challenge with totally different track characteristics and higher temperatures, which always leads to higher tyre degradation. It should be a good test of the new cars because it's much more open than Melbourne with a nice variation of high and low-speed corners, plus two long straights," the German racer said.

Team principal, Vijay Mallya also felt the same.

"The weather in Melbourne was relatively cool so I'd like to see what impact the warmer climates of Malaysia and Bahrain will have on performance and competitiveness. Effective cooling will be a priority this weekend. If we can reproduce the performance level we showed in Melbourne that will be a good starting point," he said.

Sergio Perez said the track layout and conditions would suit them in Malaysia.
"I believe Malaysia can be a very good race for us. Let's see how we can perform there. I think Melbourne was a more difficult one for us and with a hotter track and more rear tyre degradation for everyone we can be stronger," Perez said.

"I'm counting the days to Malaysia to recover what we couldn't achieve in Australia. I have good memories of this track and I want to build on my previous results there," the Mexican added.

Hulkenberg, meanwhile, was of the view that with new regulation the 2014 season will have lot of surprises.

"This year we'll see bigger jumps and changes in the pecking order during the season. There are still some teams that need to sort out their issues and they will probably become stronger. All teams, including us, will have room for improvement and development is going to be very fast," he said.