VICTORIAN jockey Chris Symons claimed his first Adelaide feature in association with Australia’s leading trainer Darren Weir when Fiera Vista led throughout in the $100,000 Listed Morphettville Guineas (1600m).

Symons has been a regular rider for Weir in Adelaide in the first month of the 2018-19 racing season and Fiera Vista never looked like being beaten.

“Obviously I’ve been given the opportunity to ride for Darren here and you’re not going to knock that back in a hurry,’’ Symons, who won the 2013 Adelaide Cup aboard Norsqui said.

Taken straight to the lead, the filly enjoyed a peaceful run in front before booting clear in the straight to score a three length win from Legion Fighter with Gai Waterhouse and Adrian Bott’s Fun Fact closing late to finish third.

“It was really painless,’’ Symons said. “Got to the front, got some easy sectionals.

“(She) just worked into the corner nice, she’s got a massive stride and extended well late, I was never threatened.’’

Meanwhile, fellow Victorian jockey Dean Yendall gave a glowing endorsement for stablemate Golden Halo after her impressive win against a strong field over 1100m.

Golden Halo sat last before sweeping around the field and racing away for a soft 1.4 length win and looms a serious spring prospect.

“They ran along at a solid enough tempo, I was able to bring her to the outside when I wanted to and just let her smoke up the furlong and put them away,’’ Yendall said.

“I give her one smack around the tail and basically sat on her and let her coast to the line, there is a lot of upside to her. Back on top of the ground she just launched.’’

It was the first leg of a training treble for Weir and riding double for Yendall with Royal Music also successful.

Royal Music was easy in betting but the decision by Yendall to go underneath Netherfield proved the deciding factor with the horse getting up in the final stride.