New Ferrari boss Maurizio Arrivabene has described the Scuderia as a "divided team" when he replaced Marco Mattiacci at the end of last season.

2014 was a year of upheaval without parallel for Ferrari. During the course of the year, F1's most famous outfit changed team principal twice, lost their star driver, saw their long-time president resign and jettisoned their heads of engineering, engine, design and tyre analysis. Only the colour remained stable - although the Ferrari red was a suitable backdrop to the mass blood-letting.

"When I first came, I saw a team that was quite divided - most of the guys were very defensive and I thought to myself: this is not the team that I recognise. My first task was to put them together again," said Arrivabene in an interview with the official F1 website.

Arrivabene's relaxed and open style has proved to be a soothing tonic for a team that spent 2014 in a permanent state of flux and paid the price on the track as they recorded just two podium finishes. Buoyed by his arrival and the birth of a competitive car, Ferrari's win in Malaysia, in only the second race of the current campaign, was their first win in 34 races.

But having righted the listing Ferrari ship, Arrivabene now faces pressing questions about Ferrari's future direction and the identity of the team's driver line-up for 2016. Although Ferrari hold an option to retain Kimi Raikkonen, the Finn's struggles to keep pace with Sebastian Vettel - particularly in qualifying - have plunged his future into doubt. Arrivabene's message is clear: buck up or else.

"As I said: that's dependent on the results. If he is achieving the objective that I gave to him - why not [retain Raikkonen]?" said Arrivabene. "I am working for a team with a strong tradition and Enzo Ferrari dictated this tradition. For Enzo Ferrari, the constructors' championship was always of greater value than the drivers' title. So for us the constructors' championship is very important. To win this title you need both drivers delivering. I talked with Kimi straightforwardly, and he knows very well: the more points he can deliver, the better his chances to stay!"

At present, Raikkonen is fourth in the drivers' standings with 72 points, with Vettel boasting 108 in third.