Ryan Palmer climbed up the leaderboard Friday to grab a one-shot lead at the Farmers Insurance Open at 11 under.

Palmer, playing the North Course, finished eagle-birdie to momentarily take a three-shot lead before defending champion Jon Rahm birdied two of his last three holes to get to 10 under.

Rahm earned his second PGA Tour victory last week, while rising to second in the world ranking. He shot a 6-under 66 Friday on the North Course, and he looks like a prime contender for the weekend.

Luke List and first-round leader Tony Finau finished Round 2 tied for third at 9 under. Finau shot a 2-under 70 on the South Course to remain in contention.

Former world No. 1 Jason Day shot an 8-under 64 on the North Course to get back into contention. After shooting 1 over Thursday, Day shot a bogey-free, six-under 30 on the front nine Friday.

Phil Mickelson returned to form with a 4-under 68 on the South Course to finish the day tied for ninth at 6 under. He finished his round with a birdie, and he had an eagle on the par-5 13th.

Birdie at the last!

Phil Mickelson is at 6 under.#QuickHits pic.twitter.com/pnCjwQ9xMx
— PGA TOUR (@PGATOUR) January 26, 2018
All eyes were on Tiger Woods this week, as he made his first PGA Tour start since missing the cut here last year. Woods looked destined to suffer the same fate, but a late birdie helped him crawl over the cut line.

Woods shot a 1-under 71 Friday, finishing the second round in a tie for 65th at 1 under.

“I had the pulls early, actually it was like a pull-flip, so it was even worse than that," Woods said after his round. "Then I started missing them right before hitting a couple good ones. But it’s not quite right. I need to get used to what my feels are, what angles I need.

“I'm most uncomfortable having to shoot low scores. These guys are shooting low scores all the time, and I haven't done that in a while.