Former Rams coach Jeff Fisher is a year removed from the team after he was fired 13 games into his fifth season, but he still wants credit for the franchise's recent success.

The Rams ended the 2016 season with a 4-12 record, but under first-year head coach Sean McVay, the Rams are 10-4 this season and can seal their first division title since 2003 with a win at the Titans on Sunday.

In an appearance on The Midday 180 radio show in Nashville, Fisher said he left them in "pretty good shape."

"They're basically -- I don't want to say my players, but I had a lot to do with that roster. Left them in pretty good shape," Fisher said, per ESPN. "And Sean, as he's proven in this very short period of time, is an outstanding young coach. And he's got the offense rolling, which they needed."
While McVay has certainly proven himself in a short amount of time, Fisher points to the players he brought to the team, particularly quarterback Jared Goff, who was drafted No. 1 overall in 2016.

"That's why we traded up with you guys here [the Titans] to get him, because we knew he had that kind of potential," Fisher said. "We felt like both the quarterbacks had a chance to be franchise quarterbacks. We were right. Philly got theirs [with Carson Wentz], and the Rams got theirs."
Fisher isn't the only one from the former regime who still wants some credit. Dave McGinnis, the assistant head coach of the Rams from 2012-16, says the Rams' roster has been playoff-ready for two years now.

“Jeff Fisher and I, we built this roster, you know what I’m saying? So I know these guys very, very well," McGinnis said (via The Tennessean). "When we drafted Jared Goff, Jeff Fisher did the Rams organization a huge favor by not playing him right away because he would have ruined the kid just like David Carr got ruined when he had to play at Houston when they drafted him and got him 76 sacks his first year."

While Fisher's time with the Rams is over, the coach is looking for opportunities to get back on the sidelines. According to a report from CBS Sports.com, Fisher has been reaching out to former members of his staff and potential members of a new staff. The report indicated that Fisher doesn't want his coaching career to end on a "sour note."