When met just before Selangor's training session on Saturday, pre-season signing and Indonesia U23's Evan Dimas Darmono said that he is not burdened by the pressure of possibly making his debut for the Red Giants.

On Sunday Selangor will open their 2018 Super League campaign against newly-promoted Kuala Lumpur (KL), in what is dubbed as the Klang Valley Derby. The Indonesian press too has arrived over the weekend, eager to cover him and Selangor's other pre-season signing and his national teammate Ilham Udin Armaiyn, as well as KL's new signing; former Persib Bandung defender Achmad Jufriyanto Tohir in the match. "No, I'm not under pressure, I am relaxed. In fact it (Indonesian press' attention) is a motivation for me to give my best.

"I am hoping for three points against Kuala Lumpur," remarked the midfielder. He is also looking forward to facing off against Jufriyanto, who according to him is someone he regards as a senior.

"We have to be professional as players. Jupe (Jufriyanto) is my senior in Indonesia, but on the pitch we will be donning different jerseys so we must face off," said Evan.

The MSL match between KL and FA @FASelangorMy tomorrow may feature up to three Indonesian players. What does Evan Dimas think of the possibility of facing KL's new signing Achmad Jufriyanto? pic.twitter.com/Gm3bXSj14m
— Goal Malaysia (@Goal_MY) February 3, 2018