WEST Coast hasn't ruled out matching Port Adelaide's five-year, $3m offer to restricted free agent Scott Lycett.

The Eagles are facing a ruck shortage if the premiership big man departs, with Nic Naitanui (knee) already set to be sidelined for most of 2019.

West Coast has until 1pm AEDT on Tuesday to decide whether to match, which would either force the Power into a trade, Lycett to stay in the west or to enter the draft.

"Obviously we need a ruckman, so it's certainly something we need to consider," football manager Craig Vozzo said.

Vozzo insisted the Eagles had salary cap space to keep Lycett, despite star onballer Andrew Gaff turning his back on North Melbourne's monster contract offer and re-signing long-term.

He believed the 26-year-old would be comfortable staying in the west, if the Eagles matched the deal.

"I think he's been obviously really happy at our club for eight years and having just experienced a Grand Final is in a really good space," Vozzo said.

"I don't think it would be the end of the world for him."

Lycett's manager Colin Young remained "fairly positive" his client would get to Alberton.

"I'd be surprised (if West Coast matched Port's offer) but you never say never in this industry," Young told NAB AFL Trade Radio.

"There's not much you can do about it. We all know the rules and regulations going into it.

"I’m still fairly confident. West Coast have done a lot of work as well – I think they've had a couple of (rival ruckmen) over and gone through their new home, so I’m sure they've got (plans) A, B and C themselves lined up."

The Eagles have planned ruck contingencies by putting St Kilda ruckman Tom Hickey through a medical screening and showing Bulldogs free agent Jordan Roughead through their facilities.

"We've had a discussion with Tom and his management and a couple of other options as well," Vozzo said.

"We'll keep planning in that space and then make that decision, together with the Scott Lycett position."

However, West Coast is out of the race for athletic Giants tall Rory Lobb, who will request a trade to the Dockers.

If the Eagles let Lycett walk to the Power, they are expected to receive an end of first round compensation pick, which could help secure Geelong onballer Tim Kelly.

But the Cats are reportedly demanding a top-10 pick for the South Fremantle product, who finished equal second in their best and fairest in his first season.

"We had a respectful discussion with Geelong this morning," Vozzo said.

"It's obviously the early phase of discussions and we'll see what happens from here."

Meanwhile, Vozzo said he never felt Gaff was leaving West Coast, despite strong speculation he would take up the Kangaroos' offer of more than $8m over seven years.

"Not really, no. It was just a really complex situation that Andrew needed to work through, between the positions that had been put forward by a number of clubs to him versus the loyalty of remaining at our club," he said.

"And then obviously with what happened with the suspension and his dad feeling very ill was major, so the complexity of the situation led to delay.

"But it wasn't a case of 'we think he's gone'."