JOCKEY Dwayne Dunn knows success is all about momentum and confidence and he has both in spades.

It wasn’t the case a few months ago but, as Dunn said, there’s nothing like a fast horse to turn things around.

In his case it’s been three fast horses and he will be on two of them on Saturday at Moonee Valley — $1.90 favourite Brutal in the 1200m McKenzie Stakes and $1.55 favourite Multaja in the three-year-old fillies’ race over 1200m.

Dunn said his resurgence began when he partnered colt Brutal to a five-length debut win at Caulfield on July 14.

“Racing can swing on the back of one fast horse and that happened to me when I rode Brutal,’’ he said. “It makes a difference getting on fast horse. You feel good and your confidence rises as a result.

“You can’t underestimate how important confidence is.”

Dunn found another fast one in Multaja, who made it two starts for two wins on August 4 at the Valley. Dunn, 45, continued his winning streak last Saturday when he rode Showtime in the Group 2 P.B. Lawrence Stakes at Caulfield.

“I’m feeling confident and I’m feeling as fit as ever,” he said.

Dunn said with both three-year-olds “the clock doesn’t lie” as they ran fast times at their last-start wins and had enormous potential.

“Multaja had the right run in transit but she was still impressive, while Brutal was still green and over-raced,” he said.

Dunn said he was well positioned to enjoy a good spring and was keen to emphasise that on Saturday.

“Having success in early spring can open up a few doors and you can take momentum into the spring,’’ he said. “People are looking for riders who are riding winners.”

Dunn said he had decided to work harder this season.

Last year he suffered some neck trouble and, while dabbling in mortgage broking, he had put that pursuit on the backburner to concentrate on riding.

Dunn said last spring things didn’t fall his way, but he was hoping his great start to the season would propel him to success this year.

“I just wasn’t as competitive in the big races as I’d like to be, but Chautauqua was scratched at the barriers in the Manikato Stakes and Royal Symphony should have won the Caulfield Guineas,” he said.