Duminy will be available for selection for T20Is after the World Cup. © Getty

JP Duminy has announced he will retire from ODI cricket after the 2019 World Cup in England later this year. The allrounder, however, will be available for selection for South Africa for T20Is. The allrounder had already retired from Test cricket in September 2017 after featuring in 46 matches.

"The last few months on the sidelines have given me an opportunity to re-assess my career going forward and to plot some goals I'd like to achieve in the future," he said about his decision.

"While a decision like this is never easy, I also feel that it is the right time for me to pass on the baton. I will still be available to play international and domestic T20 cricket, but would also like to invest more time towards my growing family, who are my number one priority. I have been privileged to live out my dream playing a sport I love, and I am forever grateful for the support I have received from my teammates, coaches, family, friends and fans throughout the years."

Duminy has played 193 ODIs so far - scoring 5047 runs at an average of 37.39 - in addition to bagging 68 wickets. The 2019 World Cup will be Duminy's third appearance in the tournament, having featured for South Africa in 2011 in the subcontinent and in 2015 in Australia and New Zealand.

Duminy's best knock - 150 off 122 - came in 2013 against Netherlands in a one-off ODI in Amstelveen. In September 2016, he bagged his best ODI figures - 4 for 16 - in a one-off ODI against Ireland in Benoni

The announcement comes close on the heels of Imran Tahir's, who also revealed that the mega-event in England will be his last in ODI colours.