IF you don’t want to be hit by a runaway jeep, we suggest you stand well clear of US college basketball sensation Zion Williamson.

And before you think this is some kind of gee-up, there is a Wall Street Journal study to prove the impact of Williamson’s charge on the basketball court.

Imagine standing still and letting Williamson bulldoze into you. Based on Williamson’s whopping 130kg and 6ft 7in (200cm) frame, the University of Lynchburg findings discovered the average force of impact from him charging into you would similar to a jeep travelling at 16kmh. This places Duke’s power forward, hailed the best college player in the past decade, in the same impact zone as a moving car.

Perhaps it’s no coincidence that Williamson hasn’t been called for a charging foul this season.

It’s a terrifying prospect for any NBA player given the 18-year-old from North Carolina is on a crash course to be the No. 1 pick in the 2019 NBA Draft.

Williamson will enter the world’s best basketball league as the second-heaviest player behind Clippers behemoth Boban Marjanovic, who remarkably, is only 2.3kg heavier.

It’s little wonder NBA franchises are lining up or should we say tanking in a bid to secure Williamson’s signature.

ESPN NBA analyst Stephen A Smith says the former All-American is already sending shivers down rival players’ spines.

“I’ve talked to NBA players, who are grown men that have said, ‘I ain’t taking no offensive foul from that guy,’ ” Smith said.

“He ain’t even in the pros yet and they see him coming. They see him coming.”

Just ask Golden State Warriors star Kevin Durant, who labelled Williamson a generational talent with his athletic abilities.

“I’ve never seen somebody like that before,” Durant said on the Bill Simmons podcast this week.

“I’ve never seen anybody that’s lefty that can dunk with his right hand like that, and cock the ball back so far and jump so high off two feet. I’ve seen people jump high, but not that way.”

It’s a fair rap from the reigning NBA Finals MVP but Williamson’s hype is backed up on the stats sheet.

He is averaging 20.4 points, 9.0 rebounds and 2.4 assists to lead Duke to the top of the Atlantic Coast with a 9-1 record, including a flawless 6-0 at home.

In his collegiate debut versus No. 2-ranked Kentucky, Williamson was 11-of-13 from the field, finishing with 28 points, seven boards and two assists in just 23 minutes.

His 28 points ranked second in Duke University history for most points in a collegiate debut.

It’s fine form that has prompted Williamson to be compared to some of basketball’s greatest players.

“But with Zion Williamson, there are not too many comparisons to make,” The Ringer’s associate editor Danny Chau reasoned on The Ringer’s NBA podcast.

“You can say there’s some Charles Barkley in there, but Zion Williamson is quicker. He’s more explosive.

“Zion as an athlete with his combination of skill and size is just so unusual and that’s why people go straight for the LeBron James comparison. We just haven’t seen a player like him before.”

Even Golden State Warriors coach Steve Kerr has Williamson on his radar.

You could forgive Kerr for focusing solely on the Warriors’ historic three-peat but he can’t help but be in awe of the college star being hailed the second coming of LeBron.

“I thought LeBron, I thought that was a one-shot deal,” Kerr said of Williamson.

“But apparently the next guy’s coming.”

He is — and you better get out Williamson’s way.