Inter striker Diego Milito said he will sit out from the upcoming Milan derby as he needs more time to recover from injury. The 34-year-old Argentine returned to training after suffering a thigh strain, but on Thursday he played down whispers that he could be in the squad for the Sunday tie against his city rivals, reports Xinhua.

"The idea is to look at January, because there's still a small risk and no one wants me to get injured again," he said. "What matters is working well from here till the end of the year."

"I'm well, I'm finishing my treatment, I feel good, I'm training with the team and my teammates and I'm nearing the level I need to return to action," he said.

Brazil head coach Luiz Felipe Scolari will come to watch the derby in order to observe Kaka in action. The playmaker has impressed at San Siro this season following his return to the club after four years with Real Madrid.

Kaka has admitted he dreams of making the 2014 World Cup squad and Scolari is monitoring the No 22 ahead of next summer's event. The South American has scored three goals in 10 Serie A games this term, while he's netted one in three Champions League ties.