IN-FORM trainer David Vandyke pointed out he saw no upside at this stage in trying for bigger targets with Hold The Line because the QTIS money was so good staying at home.

Hold The Line made it two wins from as many starts when she gunned down Defence Missile under a confident Jeff Lloyd ride at Caloundra on Saturday.

“She’s a QTIS filly and she’s won over $100,000 in two starts now,” Vandyke said.

“A listed race would be good for her residual value, but once you win one of those it rules you out of a lot of races. We might as well stay here because the QTIS money is just as good as winning a listed race.

“She’s quite mentally fragile, so I might give her a week or two in the paddock now and let her think about it.”

Vandyke praised the ride of Lloyd, who looked super confident before asking the daughter of Your Song to reel in Defence Missile.

“I’m not one to go the early crow, but I was doing high fives at the 300m. I could see he had so much horse underneath him,” Vandyke said. “He keeps them so well balanced and it makes such a difference for a lightly raced filly like this.”

An “underdone” Divine Unicorn locked in a trip to Melbourne with a classy display to gun down Bergerac under 59kg in the Open Handicap (1400m).

Dunn had stated Divine Unicorn, which he described as “a magnificent specimen”, had plenty of improvement left, but he was hoping his class would shine through and that was what happened.

“He came here really fresh and that was by design,” Dunn said. “There’s a long way to go and we’re hoping he can get to pretty big heights, but that was a really encouraging win.”

Owner-trainer Steve Tregea said Prioritise had never had any physical setbacks and it was “a problem in his head” which had stopped him from reaching the heights he promised as a younger horse.

Prioritise seemingly relished his first test at a mile on Saturday and was a dominant winner of the Class 6 Plate, atoning for stablemate Bergerac’s narrow defeat to Divine Unicorn.

“He doesn’t like being pushed around. You sort of have to let him glide into the race on his own,” Tregea said. “He just has to have everything right. But he looked terrific today and I just had an inkling he would run a race.”

Tony Gollan watched several replays of Straturbo’s best wins before instructing Jim Byrne to be aggressive on the nine-year-old on Saturday. The more urgent tactics paid dividends, with Straturbo snapping a 16-month drought to win the 1000m Open Handicap.

“I had some spare time so I just went through some of his old replays of when he had raced well up here for Gary Portelli,” Gollan said.

“The common thing was how he did his best when he was revved up and put on the speed, so I told Jim to make sure he was right up there.”