BRONCOS captain Darius Boyd says he doesn’t have a ‘Bennett clause’ that will allow him to leave the club if Wayne Bennett is replaced by Craig Bellamy.

If Bennett was moved on Boyd ruled out following his coach for a fourth time.

“Yeah mate I’m almost done anyway,” Boyd said when asked if he would stay at the Broncos even if Bennett moved on.

“I love the Broncos and I’ll definitely be staying.”

Boyd has only ever known one coach in the NRL, with Bennett giving him his debut at the Broncos back in 2006.

Boyd followed Bennett to the Dragons for three seasons from 2009 to 2011 and to the Knights for three seasons from 2012 before returning to the Broncos with his coach in 2015.

However Boyd denied having a clause in his contract that would allow him to follow Bennett if he left the Broncos for a second time.

“No I don’t,” Boyd said of a potential Bennett clause.

“Brisbane has always been my favourite club and the club I always followed, since I was six years old.

“I never wanted to leave in the first place, but an opportunity presented itself for a number of reasons to go with Wayne and I’m very grateful for the experience I’ve had to be with Wayne all these years.

“I hope he doesn’t go because it would be sad to part ways with him.”

However if Bennett was moved on Boyd believes he would have no problem playing under a new coach, be it Bellamy or anyone else.

“Of course I would, I’ve been coached by a lot of other coaches in the rep arena, but obviously not at club level,” Boyd said.

“I’ve been lucky enough to work with Kevvie Wallters, Ricky Stuart and Mal Meninga and I’ve really enjoyed my time under those guys.”

Bellamy is off contract at the end of this season, while Bennett has one more year to run on his current contract.

Bellamy has a three year offer on the table from the Storm and has said he will either take that or leave Melbourne at the end of the season.

If Bennett chooses to finish his current deal, Bellamy would have to sit out next season to take up a deal with the Broncos in 2020.

Boyd admits he was shocked to learn that Bennett might be leaving the Broncos.

“It has surprised me a little bit, but in saying that, it is a business,” Boyd said.

“Whatever way you look at it, if that is the end for Wayne then obviously the club are looking for a succession plan and if not, then Wayne has plenty more years to coach depending on how it all works out.”

The Brisbane fullback didn’t think the talk surrounding his future was having a negative effect on Bennett.

“Wayne doesn’t change, he has been the same since I have known him,” Boyd said.

“The Broncos are a famous club with a proud history and whenever there are media reports there will be a lot of back and forth, but Wayne keeps to himself quietly and goes about his business the way he always does.”