DARCY Tucker will embrace the chance to play as an inside midfielder in the absence of Fremantle captain Nat Fyfe against Adelaide at Optus Stadium tomorrow.

Fyfe’s suspension means there will be opportunities for others to show their wares inside against the Crows, and Tucker is a contender to be thrown in.

The 21-year-old has played largely at half-forward and on a wing in his nine games this season, but had his first minutes in the engine room in the heavy loss to Collingwood at the MCG last Sunday.

“I’m not exactly sure my role as yet,” Tucker said.

“I did go in there a bit last week. It was good to get a bit of experience in that role.

“I’d be more than happy to step up in that role this week.

“I’ve been practising that (inside midfield) at training and trying to develop my game there as well.

“I’m still improving all the little things and tricks with body work and stuff like that.

“I’ll definitely have a crack whenever I get the opportunity to go in there. I want to play wherever I play my best footy, whatever position that may be.”

Tucker has twice managed 17-disposal, two-goal games in 2018, including last week against the Magpies.

The Victorian said he had been working hard on his pressure game as part of his role up forward.

Brandon Matera and Hayden Ballantyne return to boost the Dockers in that area against the Crows.

“Our half-forwards have a really big focus on pressure and tackling, which is the part of my game that I really want to improve so it’s a good role to play,” Tucker said.

“I’ve been working hard on goal kicking but it’s just about making the most of your opportunities when you get the opportunity to kick a goal.

“They (Matera and Ballantyne) have proved over a long period of time that they are really good tackling and pressure players. The goals will come from that.”

Tucker said he was determined to make the most of his opportunity at AFL level.

He is the only player from his national draft class of 2015 still at the Dockers.

“Everyone knows how brutal the industry is and the opportunity can go so quickly as well,” Tucker said.

“For me individually it’s about getting the most out of myself every single day I’m at the club. You never know when your time might be over.”