BRISBANE have vowed to rally around triple best-and-fairest winner Dayne Zorko and are backing him to rebound from his QClash shocker when the Lions take on GWS in Sydney on Saturday.

The 2017 All-Australian was kept to an equal team-low 10 disposals by Suns midfielder Touk Miller, who won the Marcus Ashcroft medal for his outstanding defensive work plus his 21 disposals and seven clearances in the Queensland derby.

Zorko also gave away six free kicks and was embroiled in some post-match controversy when he refused to shake hands with Miller and appeared to swear at the Gold Coast midfielder.

Lions senior coach Chris Fagan said while Zorko will be better for the experience, it was up to Brisbane as a whole to support him when he gets his weekly dose of extra attention from opposition sides.

“Last week it didn’t work out well for him but the previous weeks he’s worked really hard and been a really strong contributor for us,’’ Fagan said.

“He’ll learn a few things from last week that he can apply this week.

“Generally speaking, we need to help him more as a team. So we’ll be looking at that as well.’’

Returning Brisbane veteran Daniel Rich has walked a mile in Zorko’s shoes having had trouble breaking tags when he primarily ran through the midfield.

Rich returns after being sidelined with an ankle injury suffered in Round 1 and will slot into the backline to replace the rested Luke Hodge who — along with Fagan — always planned to sit out the Round 6 clash with the Giants.

Rich said being shadowed week-in, week-out can take its toll but expects Zorko to break the shackles.

“I think he’s done really well (against taggers). It’s a hard thing … and you don’t really know how hard it is until you have been there and lived it,’’ he said.

“It’s hard to back-up every week and beat your tagger every single week. Even the best players in the game have a down week every now and then.

“But he has attacked it really well and he’s very positive and always puts the team first and looks forward to how he can improve the team.

“No doubt Zorks will bounce back after a quieter week last week.

“As his teammate I’ll be there to support him and help any way I can. He’s a very good player so I’ll back him in all day.’’

GWS will be without star forward Toby Greene who joins a star-studded casualty ward for the competition powerhouse that will be keen to atone for the shock draw with St Kilda last weekend.