Danica Patrick will drive for Ed Carpenter Racing in May's Indianapolis 500, the final race of her motorsports career.

Patrick, 35, accidently revealed the information ahead of Sunday's Daytona 500 when asked when she would get into IndyCar mode.

"I didn’t have time to meet up with Ed and the people. Did I just say that out loud? Oh, well...I better shut up and leave. I’m going to be in trouble," Patrick told reporters.
Ed Carpenter Racing has yet to announce its lineup for the 102nd running of the Indy 500 but they expected to have a three-car team with Spencer Pigot and Ed Carpenter joining Patrick.

Patrick, who competed full time in NASCAR's Cup series for over five seasons, announced her retirement from the sport at the end of last season. She said she wanted to run the Daytona 500 and Indy 500 in 2018 as a farewell, in a "Danica Double."
With funding from GoDaddy, her longtime sponsor in IndyCar and NASCAR, she has the cash. Through Premium Motorsports and now Ed Carpenter Racing she has the rides to make her wish a reality.

Patrick never won in the No. 10 car at Stewart-Haas Racing, leading 64 laps with seven top-10 finishes in just over five full seasons. Despite the mediocre finishes, Patrick has been a trailblazer in the male-dominated sport, becoming the first woman to win a Cup Series pole. She owns the most starts, laps led, and top-tens among women in NASCAR history.

Patrick did win the 2008 Indy Japan 300 for her only IndyCar win before making the jump to NASCAR in 2012. She is one of just 14 drivers in history to lead laps in both the Indianapolis 500 and the Daytona 500