World Cup Pool A, Adelaide

Bangladesh 275-7 (50 overs): Mahmudullah 103, Mushfiqur 89

England 260 (48.3 overs): Buttler 65, Bell 63; Rubel 4-53

Bangladesh won by 15 runs

Scorecard. Tables

England coach Peter Moores will keep his job despite his side's World Cup exit at the hands of Bangladesh, says England and Wales Cricket Board managing director Paul Downton.

England lost by 15 runs in a match they had to win to stay in the tournament.

Moores, who is in his second spell in charge of England, wants to stay on as coach but told BBC Sport: "It's not my decision."

However, Downton said: "I've got full faith in Peter Moores. He will stay."

He added: "Peter was brought in 10 months ago and part of that reason is because he's such an experienced coach. Whoever got that job at that time was going to have a difficult time. We're in a rebuilding phase so today's the wrong time to be making any kind judgement at all."
Downton, though, admitted the ECB had much to consider: "We'll sit and review everything when we get back.

"Everything will be reviewed, now's not the time to be doing it, we've got one more game to play, let the dust settle, everyone's very emotional."
Ex-England captain Alec Stewart told BBC Radio 5 live: "It hasn't been 12 hours since England's exit. I'd much rather people take stock, and look at how we can improve the situation.

"We need to find a method of how we want to play and stick with that. To do anything now within 12 hours is not the way forward. It would be stupid.
"I'm not saying Peter Moores is the right man or the wrong man, but now is not the time to say 'on your bike', it's time to get plans in place to move forward."

Australia legend Shane Warne said England's demise was not a surprise and thinks former Lancashire coach Moores is now "in trouble".
Warne tweeted England had picked "the wrong team" and "the wrong style of play" to succeed at the tournament, which is being held in Australia and New Zealand.

England captain Eoin Morgan, appointed less than two weeks before the tournament following the sacking of Alastair Cook, said: "To be knocked out of a World Cup this early is unbelievably disappointing.

"I'm gutted at the moment. There'll be an inquest over the next few weeks as to what happened and what went wrong. Then we'll go from there."

"I'm not saying Peter Moores is the right man or the wrong man, but now is not the time to say 'on your bike', it's time to get plans in place to move forward."

Australia legend Shane Warne said England's demise was not a surprise and thinks former Lancashire coach Moores is now "in trouble".

Warne tweeted England had picked "the wrong team" and "the wrong style of play" to succeed at the tournament, which is being held in Australia and New Zealand.

England captain Eoin Morgan, appointed less than two weeks before the tournament following the sacking of Alastair Cook, said: "To be knocked out of a World Cup this early is unbelievably disappointing.

"I'm gutted at the moment. There'll be an inquest over the next few weeks as to what happened and what went wrong. Then we'll go from there."
Jonathan Agnew's England verdict:

"Absolute ignominy. In terms of one-day cricket, this is an absolute low."

Listen to Test Match Special podcast.

Former England batsman Geoffrey Boycott told BBC Sport that everyone involved with the England team needed to "look at themselves".

He added: "Some of the players as individuals have let themselves down, but as a team they have been pretty poor in their thinking and planning.

"We seem to be light years behind other teams in the way we think about one-day cricket. The game has moved on very quickly and it is very different from even 10 years ago."

He was also critical of Moores' focus on data analysis and statistics, and his lack of international playing experience: "I watch the game because I've played, I don't need a computer.

"He doesn't have that experience. I don't say it's impossible to coach if you're not a former player. You don't have to be a former player but it sure as hell does help."

Moores said he felt "hollow inside" and "hugely disappointed" following England's demise.

"It's not my decision if I'm given time," he added. "I understand why people would think I'm not the right man, but it's a bigger picture than that."

He said England's one-day form has not been good "for a while" and insisted there was a lack of top talent.

"The reality is we're not overloaded with a lot of high-class one-day players," he said.

"It's something we have to look at. It's not to be done now. Today is about the emotion of the day for me. We're out of the tournament."

Japan Cricket Association tweet:

"Dear @ECB-cricket, this might not be a great time, but as there's room in your schedule, fancy a game in Japan on the way home? #challenge."

Former England captain Andrew Strauss echoed that view, saying: "The truth is we are not good enough.

"From 1 to 11, we haven't got the players who can compete with the top teams. We couldn't compete with Bangladesh and we certainly can't compete with Australia and South Africa.

"We have been poor for 20 years and we will be poor for another 20 years unless we change the way we play our domestic one-day cricket."

Former England all-rounder Ian Botham described England's performance as "pathetic", adding: "When are we going to pick the selectors to pick a team for the one-day format? Time for change."

Ex-England captain Allan Lamb told BBC Radio 5 live: "I really think we need to restructure this team and our game. I just think we don't take one day cricket seriously in this country."

Former England bowler Steve Harmison told BBC Radio 5 live: "I don't think we've been in a position like we are now for a number of years. We just haven't been good enough, it's as simple as that.

"We've got good players and Peter Moores is a very good coach." But he admitted: "He's in a result business job, and they've not been great."

Moores insisted England had "prepared well", adding: "The players aren't bad players, but we haven't played well enough. We have to take that."

Set 276 to win in Adelaide, England were bowled out for 260 despite Jos Buttler's 52-ball 65.

Rubel Hossain claimed 4-53 for Bangladesh, who had posted 275-7 thanks to 103 from Mahmudullah and Mushfiqur Rahim's 89.