Forced to miss the last six races of 2014 due to arm and wrist injuries, Simone Corsi is ready to return to action in the first Moto2™ test of the year in Valencia. motogp.com spoke to the rider about his fitness and his aims for 2015.

How are you now after your accident last year? After initially planning a comeback at Valencia for the last race you had to wait and have another operation right?

"Well, unfortunately I had a problem with a screw hitting a tendon and on 21st December I had to have surgery again. This wasn’t in our plans, but as soon as I started training with a bike again it started to bother me, so I had to undergo surgery again to remove it. I thought I’d be able to ride in Valencia, but I decided not to risk it. Now I’m better, feeling ok and can ride a bike regularly."

Before Silverstone last year you were in the championship top five and you had achieved two podiums. How far do you think you could have gone in 2014?

"I certainly could have been in the top five. I'm not saying I could have won the championship, because Rabat had an impressive season, but perhaps I could have even been third. More than a specific result, I think I could have had more good races. It was very hard to watch them from home on TV."

Rabat starts this year as World Champion and title favorite. What do you think are your strengths and how do you think you can win?

"Tito is the defending champion, so he will be the man to beat in 2015. He works hard and trains a lot at the Almeria circuit. That helps a lot. We'll have to work hard during the winter if we want to be ahead of him this year."

What goals do you have for the 2015 season?

"Our goal is to be among the top three. The Championship will be almost all Kalex. This means that with many similar machines, the riders make the difference. I have a lot of very tough opponents and the grid is very big."

Last year you tested a MotoGP bike. Are you aiming to move up soon?

"Absolutely. It's my dream and my ultimate goal. There is still a year to go, according to our plan, so I will give it everything this season. If I do well, I’ll be in MotoGP next year.”