NSW assistant coach Danny Buderus has revealed the extent of Boyd Cordner’s head knock from Origin II that saw the Blues skipper miss the final minutes of the clash.

Speaking on The Late Show with Matty Johns last night Buderus said Cordner was so out of it after coming off second best in a collision with Maroons enforcer Dylan Napa he thought he’d been sent to the sin bin rather than an HIA assessment.

Cordner was taken from the field in the 74th minute after attmepting to tackle Napa as Queensland worked the ball off their own line.

Cordner went in low for the tackle before his head connected with Napa’s hip, rendering Cordner senseless.

He was eventually walked from the field with assistance from Maroons trainer Alfie Langer.

But, as Buderus explained, the HIA assessment wasn’t one the Roosters star would have passed.

“What a captain’s knock from Boyd, I think up around 20 hit ups again,” Buderus said.

“He actually though he got 10 (minutes) in the bin... He just didn’t want to miss out.”

Blues teammate Angus Crichton, also appearing on the show, said Cordner was still showing concussion symtoms after the match.

“He came up to me after the game and gave me a big hug and he goes ‘did we win the sereis?’,” Crichton said.

NSW went on to win the match 18-14.