UFC president Dana White has once again warned Conor McGregor that he’s in serious danger of being stripped of his lightweight title.

Twenty-nine-year-old McGregor hasn’t set foot inside the Octagon in over 14 months, his last outing being his UFC 205 victory over Eddie Alvarez.

His lengthy hiatus has resulted in the lightweight division stagnating and the introduction of an interim 155lbs title.

McGregor has yet to give the UFC suitable timeline for his long-awaited return to the cage, which has led White to suggest he could be stripped of the 155lbs belt.

The topic of McGregor’s future came up during the UFC 222 and 223 pre-fight press conference on Friday, in which White doubled down on his claim the Irishman could be stripped of the title if he opts to have his comeback fight in late 2018.

“I said leading into Mayweather fight, I made it pretty clear, I’ve been in this business for a very long time. When you make an obscene amount of money like that, who knows if they’ll ever come back?” he said.

“Right now, with the position we’re in, Conor’s saying, ‘Maybe I’ll come back in August, maybe I’ll come back in September.

"Well, that’s almost two years. It’s not fair to the rest of the guys in the division.

“The division has to go on. These guys have been fighting their whole career. Everybody wants to get to that pinnacle and it’s the fair thing to do.

“Listen, I take so much s**t for how much I like Conor McGregor and everything else, but the division has to go on.”

Interestingly enough, White’s latest warning to McGregor came after he claimed interim lightweight champion Tony Ferguson and Khabib Nurmagomedov will be fighting for the ‘undisputed’ title at UFC 223.

He said: “They’re going to fight for the title.

“This is the real title. I said that Conor can’t hold up the title for two years.”