Markelle Fultz's return to the 76ers lineup is still a mystery to everyone, including head coach Brett Brown.

The No. 1 overall pick in the 2017 NBA Draft, Fultz played only the first four games of the year (6.0 points per game) before being sidelined for shoulder soreness and "muscle imbalance."

More recently, the 6-4 point guard has actually been relearning how to shoot the basketball.

When asked Friday if Fultz will return this season, Brown gave a straight-forward answer.

“I truly don’t know,” Brown told reporters (via Philly.com). "Here I am telling you that. It’s that whole truth and nothing but the truth. I really don’t know.”

That echoes 76ers president Bryan Colangelo's thoughts from early February, when he said, “There always a chance that he’s going to be out there soon, and there’s a chance that’s he not going to play this year."

With only 14 games left in the regular season for the 76ers, time is obviously running out for Fultz to work his way back into game shape before the playoffs. But Brown insisted that Fultz is getting better, and said his upside makes it worth getting him back on the court this season.

“This is the Holy Grail, the risk-reward of Markelle Fultz,” Brown said. “I’m tilting on reward. Maybe I’m right. Maybe I’m wrong. But that would be the answer that I give you.”