HAVING tested Racecourse Road at the pointy end of the winter carnival, Chris Munce has predicted punters will see a more professional horse when the now gelding resumes at Caloundra on Saturday.

Racecourse Road was a winner on debut — at the Sunshine Coast in March — before Munce tried him in successive stakes races. He was spelled after finishing five lengths off Zousain in the Group 2 Champagne Classic in May.

That spell also coincided with a gelding operation being ordered for the son of Show A Heart.

“Those couple of runs through the carnival were good for a horse that had been up for a long time, but he just wasn’t putting his mind on racing,” Munce said.

“He’s such a quiet horse at the stables, but come raceday he had a lot of nervous energy and he wasn’t using it the right way.

“I think he’s a bit more professional now. He’s certainly a lot more relaxed and he trialled quite well, just sprinting up nicely late.”

Racecourse Road is from one of Queensland’s most prolific winning families. His dam Kidnapper has been able to produce six to race, all of which are winners, tallying a total of 26 race wins between them.

They are headed by Cape Kidnappers and Tiger Dimejan.

Another of Kidnapper’s daughters is Victim Of Choice, dam of the unbeaten Meet Mr Taylor.

“It’s been a good family and I’m grateful Robbie Zuttion asked me to train this fellow,” Munce said.

Racecourse Road is likely to settle behind the speed after drawing wide for his first-up run.

Munce said: “There seems to be a bit of speed and it probably wouldn’t be wise to take them on, but I will leave that up to Mark (Du Plessis). He’s got some improvement to come, but he’s done enough work to go 1000m.”