Guus Hiddink believes the Brazilian has an important part to play under Antonio Conte amid speculation he could be the subject of a £50 million bid from Guangzhou Evergrande
Guus Hiddink expects Willian to stay at Chelsea as a "key player" amid speculation he could be the subject of a £50 million bid from Guangzhou Evergrande.
The Chinese club has already splashed out on Brazil midfielder Paulinho and Colombia striker Jackson Martinez this year.
Incoming boss Antonio Conte will make decisions on the futures of a number of players when he takes over after Euro 2016 but Hiddink believes Willian will continue to be one of the Blues' most important players.
"He is doing a very good job in a difficult year with his natural ability, he is working very hard to defend and sacrifice himself and he has the attitude to do so," Hiddink told reporters.

"That’s why I think he is already and can be in the future a key player for this club."
Chelsea sold Ramires to Jiangsu Suning in January for £25m and the likes of Diego Costa, Jon Obi Mikel and Oscar have all been linked with Chinese clubs in recent months as the Asian league looks to exert its financial muscle.
"I've known Willian for many years already before my Chelsea time,” Hiddink added. "As a person, he is a very down to earth and nice person, although it is not that important for top performances."