Chiefs head coach Andy Reid knows exactly where he would play Lamar Jackson in the NFL. Hint: he wouldn't put him at wide receiver.

"Yeah, I think you probably want to try it there (at quarterback) and see," Reid told reporters at the NFL Scouting Combine Wednesday. "He's pretty good. I would. I'd give that a whirl. I could handle that, yeah."

The reason this is even an issue is because several pundits, most notably ESPN NFL analyst and former front-office executive Bill Polian, said the 2016 Heisman Trophy winner should move to wide receiver.

Jackson threw for 9,043 yards and rushed for 4,132 in three seasons at Louisville, so he has more than enough numbers to intrigue some scouts. However, some believe his slight frame (6-3, 210 pounds) could result in injury, and with his speed and athleticism he has the potential to be a fantastic wide receiver.

But that is no reason to completely dismiss him as a quarterback. Reid is in the camp which favors giving him a chance to play QB, and if he does run into problems, a team can make changes accordingly, if changes are even needed.

"Let's exhaust that other thing that we know he's good at and see," Reid said. "I'm just saying in general. This is a general statement: Let's get him in and let him wing it a little bit and see how he does. We'll be able to fit some things in there I'm sure."